Jeera cookies/cumin cookies are perfect to go with a cup of tea. Again a very easy recipe plus it is made from whole wheat flour. With the same recipe, we can omit the jeera/cumin and make cardamom cookies. If you replace the jeera with dry fenugreek leaves, you will get a different flavour. This way we can experiment with different flavors. You can also try Whole wheat chocolate chunk cookies which I made some time back. Another favorite recipe to be tried is Butter cookies.
If you are not too fond of sweet cookies, we can make savoury cookies too. Yes, I have been planning to make savoury cookies soon. Cheese and mustard, sun dried tomatoes and pepper , o yum, sounds great right??
It has been raining since morning today, the weather is so pleasant right now. Just perfect for a cup of ginger tea/adrakwali chai and jeera cookies !! Let me indulge myself ! I will be waiting to know if you tried these cookies and if you experimented with new flavours. Ill see you in my next post with savoury cookies ! Happy Baking and Happy eating !!
WHOLE WHEAT CUMIN COOKIES/ ATTA JEERA COOKIES
Author: The Cooking Soul
Yield- 12 Cookies
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/4 tsp cardamom powder
- 100 gms butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 tsp milk
- Whisk butter and sugar in a bowl till it is mixed.
- Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cardamom powder, salt and mix well.
- Add milk and cumin seeds. Do not knead the dough, just bring together to form a dough.
- Roll the dough and cut into small circles of 1 cm thickness with the help of cookie cutter.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 160 degrees celsius for 20 mins. Let it cool and serve.
Baking temperature varies with every oven. Hence keep checking the cookies at an interval of 1 minute after 15 mins or till they turn brown. It took 20 mins in my convection oven.