Cookies ! How many of you are a big fan of cookies? Ummm not me really but I do love Butter cookies. Melt in the mouth buttery cookies with a cup of coffee, so awesome right? Just the thought leaves me drooling ! But that does not stop me from from baking different types of cookies. Hence, today sharing the recipe for whole wheat chocolate chunk cookies.
Whole wheat, egg free, butter free chocolate chunk cookies for guilt free indulgence. This recipe does replace the all purpose flour and butter but a dessert always has to be had in moderation. Irrespective of the healthy substitutes, you are still consuming the carbs and fats. So this is definitely healthy comparatively but you can indulge yourself once in a while. I loved the earthy flavor of the whole wheat flour in these cookies. The chocolate chunks just makes it all the more yummier. You can use chocolate chips too. Store them in an air tight container, mine were finished as soon as they were out of the oven. Happy Baking and let me know if you tried them.
WHOLE WHEAT CHOCOLATE CHUNK COOKIES
Author: The Cooking Soul
Yield- 8 Cookies
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup oil
- 2 tbsp cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chocolate chunks
- In a bowl, mix oil, vanilla extract, cream and sugar.
- In another bowl mix flour, baking soda and salt.
- To the dry ingredients add the wet ingredients and mix well to form cookie dough.
- Add the chocolate chunks and made small round balls. Place it on a greased baking tray.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees celsius for 18-20 mins ( this is for convection oven).
- Temperature varies with every oven, hence check the cookies in intervals of 2 mins after 14 mins. When the room fills with the aroma of the chocolate chunk cookies and you see them turn a bit brown, they are ready. It took 18 mins in my convection oven.
- For vegan version, skip the cream.