Everyone in the family loves to have sandwiches for breakfast or for teatime snacks. Sweet corn and capsicum sandwich is one of the favorites. I love all kind of sandwiches, be it vegetable sandwich, grilled cheese sandwich, cottage cheese sandwich or mayo sandwich. Sandwiches are a good lunch box option too for your kids. Use lots of veggies for the filling and be assured that your child is getting all the nutrients. You can use multi-grain bread or whole wheat bread for healthier option, I have used white bread for this sandwich.
For sweet corn and capsicum sandwich, I have used boiled sweet corn, boiled baby corn and capsicum for the filling. I have used a combination of mayonnaise, mustard sauce and ketchup for the sauce and it tastes amazing. I have not added cheese but you are free to add cheese or cheese spread. You can make a different version of this sandwich by adding onion, broccoli and mushroom. There is no limit when it comes to playing with the filling and flavors. Grill or toast the sandwiches with a dollop of butter and enjoy this delicious sandwich. Happy cooking and Happy eating !! Annnddddd leave me a message when you have tried this sandwich.
SWEET CORN AND CAPSICUM SANDWICH
Author: The Cooking Soul
Yield – 6 sandwiches
- 12 bread slices
- 1 cup boiled sweet corn
- 1/2 cup boiled baby corn, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup capsicum (bell pepper), finely chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup tomato ketchup
- 2-3 tsp mustard sauce
- 1-2 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp black pepper
- salt as per taste
- Spread butter on all the bread slices and keep aside.
- In a bowl, mix all the veggies, mayonnaise, ketchup, mustard sauce, oregano, black pepper and salt. Mix well.
- Take one slice of bread, spread the mixture on the bread and cover it with another slice of bread.
- Place the bread in a preheated sandwich maker, grill till it becomes golden and crispy. Repeat the procedure with remaining bread slices.
- Serve these delicious sandwiches hot with tomato ketchup and mint chutney.